Success Stories

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Quick and Easy Primal Meal





I LOVE my Crockpot. The words "Fix it and Forget it" make my heart sing. So when I found this Primal Pot Roast recipe from the Primal Blueprint Cookbook, I decided to give it a try.


Back in the Day, I used to make Roast with Lipton's Onion Soup Mix, white potatoes, carrots, and...... homemade biscuits...mmmmm..... ok, that's a No-Go these days. My Gluten-sensitive stomach would hate me for that meal! 


This Roast is mouth-wateringly delicious and so easy it's ridiculous! Here's the recipe:


Primal Pot Roast
Combine the following in a small bowl and rub it on both sides of the gigantic piece of meat (3-4lbs of beef or bison chuck).
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp crushed Rosemary
1 TBSP Paprika
1 TBSP Sea Salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper


****Here's the super important trick for cooking meat in the Crockpot: 
Brown it for a few minutes on each side. I swear it makes it moister (is that a word?)


Place meat into Crockpot, top with an onion cut into slivers, 5 minced garlic cloves, and pour a cup of water, beef, or Chicken stock (my fave) over the top.


Set the timer for 6-7 hours on LOW.


Walk away!


Come back about 30 minutes till dinnertime, and make some kind of yummy side dish. Here is my all time fave. I buy a huge package of Brussel Sprouts at Costco and eat them all week. Can't get enough!


Wow! So that's how they grow!


Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
Cut the ends off of each Sprout and cut in half.
Get out a Cookie sheet and throw enough Olive oil in it so when you tip it all directions it covers it with a thin layer of oil.
Place the Sprouts flat side down on the Sheet.
Bake at 375 for about 15 min.
Take out Sheet and turn them all over to face up.
Put back in oven for about 6-7 min.
Take out, sprinkle with Sea Salt.
Try not to eat them all in one sitting.


I make this Roast and Sprouts on Mondays, my busiest day, and I eat on it for the rest of the week. Perf!

No comments:

Post a Comment