Success Stories

Friday, May 14, 2010

It's the Little Things


I'm listening to The Slight Edge - for about the 4th time. There are so many little nuggets that I take away each time I listen.

My favorite is the concept of Compounding Interest. It's the littlest of things we do (or don't do!) each and every day that, after compounding, have a big effect on our lives.

Take exercise, for example. You decide to begin an exercise program on May 1. You definitely don't see anything different that day in your physique. In fact, you are probably very sore on May 2! But what happens if you keep exercising 3 times a week for the entire month of May?

On June 1, you notice your pants are a little looser. Your clothes fit better, and you are able to do way more than on May 1! Amazing!

What happens on July 1? August 1? September 1?

Results keep compounding. Day. after day. after day.

But...... it's important to be PATIENT!

Don't base your results on the scale. Look at how your clothes fit and, most importantly, how you FEEL.

The picture above is me in Feb.2009. I had just started Crossfit and was really out of shape and I remember feeling like I was never going to see results. Would I ever be able to do a pushup on my toes? Would I ever be able to do a (gulp) pullup?!

Yes. and Yes!


Remember... It's the little things you do (or don't do) that make all the difference.

"Perseverance is not a long race; It's many short races, one after the other."
-Walter Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment