Success Stories

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Paleo Challenge: Day 3

The ladies of O'Dark 30- yall are an inspiration!

"The right choices and the wrong choices you make at the moment will have little or no noticeable impact on how your day goes for you. Nor tomorrow, nor the next day. No applause, no cheers, no screams, no life of death results played out in Technicolor. But it is precisely those very same, undramatic, seemingly insignificant actions that, when compounded over time, will dramatically affect how your life turns out."- from The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson

I have to admit, it's been a rough past few days. My head is pounding. I walked through Whole Foods today and wanted to eat everything in sight. I'm even having weird dreams. I know it's just my body de-toxing, but jeez!!

Here's where things get tricky- since I am a Mom of two young children, I indulge them in a treat now and then. Yesterday we went to Starbucks after ballet and I got them a donut. Usually I split it into thirds- we each get some. But yesterday I just split it in half. And drooled. I usually would have said "It's just 3 bites. No big deal." But 3 bites here. 3 bites there and you've somehow eaten an entire dozen donuts.

It's the power of Compounding!

See, it's the small things done on a daily basis that really change your life. For example, a month ago, I decided I was going to make my bed every day. That may seem like a really small, insignificant task- how could it possibly change my life?

What happened was that it started to make me feel more complete in the mornings. Sure, the rest of my room was a mess. But it started to put me in a good mood and get me off to the right start in the morning- an easy accomplishment to set the pace for my day.

Anyway, back to the donuts.... I was able to hold myself back and not indulge! And I know that by the end of the 30 days, my willpower will have compounded itself beyond measure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment