Success Stories

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Paleo Key Lime Pie

What you will look like when eating this pie


I am a Key Lime Pie fanatic. The more tart, the better! Last time I ate Key Lime Pie my stomach hurt for the next 6 hours because of the dairy. I just made the following Primal Key Lime Pie and it is cooling as I write this!


Pie Crust:
1.5 cups sliced almonds
4 pitted dates
1 Tbsp coconut oil


Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until just short of nut butter. My food processor broke recently, so I used my Magic Bullet and it turned out just fine. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, grease pie pan with coconut oil, and dump pie crust "paste" into the pan. Spread/mush it around with your fingers to flatten it out. Bake for 6-8 minutes until just a tad golden.




Filling:
Key Limes are REALLY little, so I used regular limes instead.


4 tsp lime zest
1/2 cup lime juice
3 Tbsp honey
3 eggs
1 cup Coconut Milk (in the can)
2 Tbsp coconut flour


Whisk everything together and pour into pie pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. It should be "set" and not jiggly in the middle. Let it cool and, if you can stand the wait, put in fridge to eat the next day.


Perfection!!
***Update: This Key Lime Pie recipe is AMAZING!!! Just the right blend of tart and sweet- the dates in the crust make it slightly sweet, and the filling is super tart- yum...

No comments:

Post a Comment