Success Stories

Thursday, June 3, 2010

What Goes on at These Bootcamps?!




"What exactly goes on at Bootcamp?"

"Will it be too hard for me?"

These are common questions that I get, so I'm gonna break down a typical bootcamp class!

A Bootcamp class consists of a few smaller WODs- don't be fooled, though, we are constantly moving! I had been doing Indoor Crossfit workouts for a year before I attended my first bootcamp. I thought I was in great shape- Bootcamp kicked my butt!! I was gasping for air in the first 5 minutes!

One of the best things about our workouts is that it can be scaled to any ability. Here is an example of a WOD we did on Tuesday:

20 Kettlebell swings
10 Lunge jumps
5 Pushups
3 rounds

For the beginner athlete, you can swing a light kettlebell or even a dumbell. For the more advanced athlete, go heavy! The pushups can be on the knees for the beginner, on the toes for more advanced. The workout is timed, so you are only competing against the clock!

After that, we did some ab work with medicine balls:
3-tap toss to Partner...10 each side
Around-the-Worlds....20 each
2 rounds

Finally, we finished by doing a few box jumps (or step-ups).

Look like fun? Come try a FREE class. I'd love to have you!

Tues/Thurs. 6:30-7:30pm
West Enfield Park


No comments:

Post a Comment